Looking for ideas to turn an ordinary dinner into a special romantic fare with your partner. Here are some simple and easy ways to infuse romance into your dinner date and create a memorable evening which both of you will remember for years to come.Mostly when people plan a romantic dinner, the first thing that comes to mind is an expensive fine dining restaurant or an exotic location out of town, and many times we do not act upon the plan as one thing or the other does not fall into place. But why should you wait for the right time to have a special cozy dinner date with your loved one! If you want one, create it right at home.
Drop hintsLet your partner know that you are planning a special evening for just the two of you but don't reveal all the details. Build curiosity by leaving notes or messages giving hints on what they can expect. This will spice up the whole experience as they will be eager to find out what's going on.
Create the ambienceYou know that food is just one part of a romantic dinner setting. Of course food has to be good, but when you want to warm up the place, think scented candles, flowers, soft lighting, music, wine, a special setting which enhances mood and atmosphere.Also remember to clear clutter around the house and clean up the place.
The foodDecide the cuisine - choose what your partner likes and add to it something that you like. Since it's just the two of you and you know your partner's preferences in food, you can experiment with mixing two different kinds of cuisines, if you think you can pull it off. For example the starters can come from Chinese and the main course can be Pasta, Lamb, whatever you think will make into a wholesome enjoyable meal.If you are not so confident with this kind of mix n match, stick to a single cuisine. And it's better not to experiment with something you have never cooked before.
The SettingTable cloth, crystal, napkins, cutlery, flowers, unscented candles - set the scene well in advance so that you are free to spend quality time with your loved one when they arrive.The thumb rule is to keep it all simple yet elegant. Don't go overboard with anything, and above all, dress beautifully, on the outside as well as the inside. (You know what I mean!)A dinner date in the comfort of your home is really worth all your effort. Finish the meal with a sumptuous dessert and if you want the date to linger on into the night, do not forget to use chocolate, which is a natural aphrodisiac…Have a good time!!!
Please deactivate your adblocker...
- Always be on time. A gentleman should never keep a lady waiting. If you're running late because of unforeseen circumstances, call your date and let her know your estimated time of arrival. Don't show up too, early though. Women will need every available minute t to get ready. Don't anger your date off by showing up early while she's still in her bathrobe. You might embarrass her because you caught her without her best face on and she'll feel pressured to rush getting ready because you're sitting on the couch. That's not a good way to start off.
- You must pick her up at the door. Always compliment the way she looks. Some women spend a lot of time prepping for a first date. Let her know that you appreciate it by complimenting her.. It should be the first thing you do when you walk into the house.
- Always open the car door for her. Show your date some chivalry by opening the car door for her. Offer her your hand for support as she slides into the car. Ensure all embarrassing things are safely inside the car before you shut the door.
- Don't play any music, try talking. The first dates are for getting to know a woman. There's no better way to do get to know someone than by talking with them. The radio can act as a tool to avoid awkward moments of silence. If you have music on, both you and your date will probably do more listening than talking. Force yourself to converse with your date by leaving the music off.
- Remember to inform your date exactly what you plan to do. If she looks a little unsure about the plan, reassure her. Also, be open to any changes to be made with the actual plan. The plan is not important, having a good time is. So always make sure she is happy.
Please deactivate your adblocker...